*** CALL FOR WORKS FROM UH MUSICIANS ***
Are you a University of Hertfordshire Student or Staff Member and a Musician/Songwriter? Are you interested in an opportunity to have your work promoted on campus and to a wider audience?
If so, we invite you to submit an entry to our “…AND BREATHE” competition, a collaboration between the University of Hertfordshire Student Union, UH Arts, and the UH Music Department.
We would like to promote musical works from you inspired in some way by the theme of ‘Breathing’. This could be a statement on wearing face masks; air pollution; the absence of live music at the moment; a simple sigh or shout, on free speech or just the very act of being alive.
All are welcome to participate, your entry should be:
- A video recording of your work (max duration 4 mins). This does not need to be a quality recording and could be captured simply using a mobile phone camera;
- An original work (no covers please) inspired by the theme above;
- Thought-provoking / creative, and one that could lead to an engaging / captivating performance;
- Submitted by the EXTENDED DEADLINE: Monday 15th February 2021; 9:00
- Accompanied by a short-written description (max 200 words) about the piece, stating your name(s), the course you are associated with at UH and your level of study (ie. Level 4, 5, 6 or 7, or staff position);
We will be selecting some of the very best works from those received (a maximum of five), and will work with the selected musicians to capture a quality audio and video performance of their work, recorded in a professional and COVID-Secure way making use of our stunning new Live Sound and Lighting stage.
The resulting work will be featured on the UH Arts website, broadcasted online and via screens around the campus, and further promoted within other events this year. You will receive your own copy of the recording that can be used in any way you wish to promote yourself as an artist. We can’t wait to see and hear what you come up with!
To enter, please upload your work to the UH Arts dropbox folder here
For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org